S.185 was introduced for the first time on January 4, 2022 by Senator Sears and then referred to the Committee on Judiciary.
This bill proposes:
- to amend the list of prohibited products;
- to allow cannabidiol derived from hemp to be added to cannabis products;
- to exempt solid concentrates, oils, and tinctures from the 50 mg THC limit per package;
- to decouple employee cannabis identification cards from a particular licensee so that a person who has completed a background check and is approved by the Board may work for any licensee without obtaining a new card;
- to permit an applicant to hold more than one testing laboratory license;
- to cross-reference the requirement that all licensees, including integrated licensees, must obtain independent testing of their products;
- to prohibit dispensaries from manufacturing concentrated cannabis by chemical extraction or chemical synthesis using butane or hexane;
- and to limit the time period that dispensaries may cultivate cannabis for the purpose of transferring it to an integrated licensee.