Check out this handy summary of the bill’s key provisions. You can read the full text of the bill at the bottom of this page, but key elements include:
- Cannabis Control Board. The Cannabis Control Board would regulate and license adult-use cannabis businesses.
- License types. The board would license retailers, cultivators, product manufacturers, wholesalers, labs, and integrated licenses.
- Environmental standards. The board will recommend to the legislature requirements for environmental standards.
- Promoting Small Businesses and Vermont Control. The board must establish a system of socially and economically just prioritization.
- Taxation and Distributing the Revenue. Adult-use cannabis sales would be subject to a 16% excise tax on retail sales.