Heady Vermont is currently accepting online applications for the following 2019-20 events:
- Summer Farm Jam 2019
- Vermont Hemp Fest 2019
- Women in Cannabis Summit 2020
- NECANN Vermont 2020
We are looking for content specifically relevant to each event. It’s our intention to select speakers for each of our events who both have and have not spoken at cannabis events in the past. We’re also looking to maximize the diversity of speakers, with folks coming from a wide range of geographic areas, genders, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
To be considered for a speaking spot, you must complete the form below. But first, here are our guidelines for submitting a speaker application form:
- Solo presentations should last between 30-45 minutes (depending on the topic and structure of the session), followed by Q&A from the audience.
- We also put together panel-style sessions, and may ask you to alter your presentation to fit a different format.
- Speakers MUST abide by a “no-pitching” policy. Presentations are meant to be educational and cannot include information on speaker’s professional background, personal expertise, and/or company history.
- Please note that Heady Vermont does not provide speaker stipends or travel reimbursements. This helps us keep ticket prices low and accessible to the broadest audience for the event and your session.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, only those selected to speak will receive notification via email, about two months prior to the event.
Selected speakers must agree to follow the aforementioned guidelines in crafting their presentations and compiling slides or presentations. Heady Vermont reserves the right of final approval on all content for speakers, and may require revisions during the process.
A Few Helpful Tips:
- If you wish to apply for multiple conventions you must submit a separate form for each one. It’s often simpler to write out the longer answers on a Word doc first so you can cut and paste them into each submission.
- Submissions will not be accepted without a bio and headshot, so make sure you have them before starting the form.
- Your session description should articulate what attendees will gain from listening to you.
- Remember our no-pitch policy, and tell us what people will learn from you during your session.
- If it’s relevant, please be sure to acknowledge the current legal status of cannabis in Vermont.
This form is the ONLY method we will use for considering speakers. If you have questions regarding the form send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, but please don’t call/email with inquires or pitches.