- This event has passed.
Womxn in VT’s Food System: Part 4: Vermont’s New Wave of Agriculture: Womxn in Hemp & Cannabis
October 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This panel will focus on the experience of womxn and femmes within the booming hemp and cannabis industry. We will dive into the inner workings of what it means to be a femme farmer growing hemp and cannabis in Vermont with an emphasis on the challenges that they face, the crucial need for racially conscious structural change, and how this industry can sustainably strengthen Vermont’s working landscape.
- Harmony Edosomwan, Activist and author of Sad Black Girl
- Monica Donovan, Co-founder and CEO, Heady Vermont
- Jessilyn Dolan, VT American Nurses Association/ Nurse Grown Organics
- Laura Sullivan, Pipe Dreams Hempworks
- Arantha Farrow, CEO of Caledonia Cannabis
Sammy LeVine (she/her), GrowTeam Manager at ShiftMeals