- This event has passed.
Womxn in VT’s Food System: Part 3: Grassroots Organizing as a Form of Local Resiliency
September 24, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Strong communities are resilient communities, able to support those in need through troubling times. This panel highlights grassroots organizers who are strengthening their communities’ ability to address and repair systemic inequities, rising food insecurity, and other vulnerabilities that have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. These womxn discuss the power of grassroots organizing, strategy adaptations to the current situation, and envision what strong communities can look like in Vermont.
- Carolina Lukac, Garden Education Manager at Vermont Community Garden Network
- Cat Duffy Buxton, Co-founder of Vermont Healthy Soils Coalition
- Sara Jean Whelan, Board Chair of Slow Food Vermont
- Liv Peña, Founder of Vermont Releaf Collective
- Emma Schoenberg, Food Not Bombs
- Alisha Laramee, New Farms for New Americans Program Specialist, AALV, Inc.