- This event has passed.
Small Business Saturday: Support Your Local Small Businesses!
November 28, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
2020 marks the tenth anniversary of Small Business Saturday. American Express created the holiday in 2010 while the country was experiencing the effects of the Great Recession. As the economy struggled to rebound after 2008, mom-and-pop stores weren’t getting the same attention as big-name brands during the holiday shopping season. In a bid to encourage consumers to head back into the small business sector that makes the economy thrive, Small Business Saturday became a national holiday in 2011.
The holiday has only grown, with 2019 marking the largest year on record. Shoppers supported local small businesses with an estimated $19.6 billion poured back into their neighborhoods. Today, it’s a holiday shopping tradition celebrating a greater nationwide movement dedicated to uniting communities and supporting all kinds of small businesses, from the corner store to you favorite local CBD maker – because it’s unique small businesses like yours that help local communities stay vibrant.
- Make sure you’re following your favorite local businesses on social or email, so you can know what they’re offering for Small Business Saturday.
- Follow distancing and masking requirements – curbside pickup and contactless delivery are encouraged.
- Check out our Partner Directory for more small businesses, including CBD makers.
Participating in Small Business Saturday is a great way to reach new customers and promote your business. Here are some ideas for getting involved on November 28:
- Advertise to reach your customers.
- Offer curbside pickup or contactless delivery.
- Plan special deals.
- Collaborate with other small businesses.
- Embrace virtual events.
- Ask for reviews.