- This event has passed.
Reimagining Justice: Race, Cannabis & Policing
July 15, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Reimagining Justice: Race, Cannabis, and Policing Event to Address How the Legalization of Cannabis Could Help Justice Reform
Marijuana Policy Project is bringing together leading civil rights and cannabis activists for a deeper look at the intersection of systemic racism, cannabis criminalization and policing in America — which have disproportionately impacted Black communities — and to reimagine a new vision for justice.
MPP’s afternoon conference will cover topics like Cannabis Criminalization and Oppressive Policing in Communities of Color, Weaponizing Cannabis to Justify Deadly Encounters and Victim-Blaming, and a fireside chat between former NBA star and founder of Viola Brands Al Harrington and Ben Jealous, president of People for the American Way.
Houseplant Co-Founders Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg will take part in the panel Reversing Harm through Legalization, Expungement, Release Removing Collateral Consequences.
The day’s forum will also include the following panelists:
- Neill Franklin, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Action Partnership
- Nkechi Taifa, Executive Director, The Justice Roundtable
- Pastor Jamal Bryant, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Natalie Papillion, Founder and Executive Director, The Equity Organization
- Roland Martin, Host and Managing Editor, Roland Martin Unfiltered
- Jasmine Rand, Civil Rights Activist, Attorney to Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown families
- Niambe McIntosh, Executive Director, Peter Tosh Estate
- Reverend Mark Thompson, Activist, “Make it Plain” Podcast Host
- David Johns, Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
- Ericka Pittman, Chief Marketing Officer of Viola
- Rachael Rollins, District Attorney of Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Reverend Delman Coates, Senior Pastor, Mt. Ennon Baptist Church