- This event has passed.
Hempcrete Building Intensive – Roof +
August 2 @ 8:30 am - August 4 @ 12:30 pm
1525 Royalton Turnpike
Barnard, VT 05031 United States
Join us for an opportunity to build and train with an innovative ecological building system called hempcrete: a mixture of the woody core of the hemp stalk, lime and water. Spend 2 1/2 days learning how to design, mix and form hempcrete for a home built at Fable Farm. This hands-on workshop will be taught by an experienced hempcrete builder with 20 + years of professional industry experience.
HEMPCRETE BUILDING INTENSIVE – ROOF PLUS
Completes the hempcrete phase of construction for a 22′ x 42′ house built at Fable Farm. Workshops will include lecture time designated for attendees to learn about the theory and design principals of hempcrete technology. The majority of the workshop will be hands-on, mixing and building the hempcrete roof system, plus completing any interior walls as needed. There will be plenty of time for questions and conversation throughout the working day, as well as during group lunches. Workshops will go on rain or shine.
Due to the challenging nature of construction scheduling and the potential for delays along the way, workshop dates may be delayed a week or two. If so, ticket holders will be given a chance to cancel their order, and a full refund of ticket price will be returned, minus Seven Days Tickets fees Email us if you would like to get on a mailing list to get updates about the coming workshops.
Why Build With Hempcrete?
- Breathable Wall System
- High Quality indoor Air
- Regulates Humidity + Temperature
- Fire, Mold and Pest Resistant
- Good Insulation and Thermal Mass
- Sequesters CO2 from Atmosphere
- Adaptable to all Climates
As a renewable building material, hempcrete is an incredible asset for the people and environment of Vermont and beyond. Building with hempcrete fosters healthy homes and contributes to a sustainable local economy. We’re excited and grateful for this opportunity to build a hempcrete home in Vermont!
We’re grateful for the generous contributions from our local business sponsors and fellow hemp advocates. Check out the good work they are up to here:
- $480 For 2 1/2 days of formal hands on training including two lunches
- Camping available on the farm
- 8:30 am — 5:30 pm Friday and Saturday with lunch
- 8:00 am — 12 pm Sunday
- Vegetarian lunch provided Friday and Saturday
- Workshop attendants will be responsible for all other meals
- Car and tent camping available on the farm
- Silver Lake Campground 5 minutes down the road https://vtstateparks.com/silver.html
- Local accommodations in Barnard, Bethel, Woodstock, Royalton/ So. Royalton
We have a few open positions for extended stay internships for the complete hempcrete build-out. Interested candidates would be required to pay for the cost of one workshop + an accommodation fee which would vary depending on whether intern chooses to camp or be put up in-house. Email for more information.