480 Hercules Drive
Bia Diagnostics is a global leading ISO 17025 accredited food and nutraceutical testing laboratory located in beautiful Colchester, Vermont. With over 40 years of diagnostics experience, we specialize in Cannabis/ Hemp, Food Allergen, GMO and Food Authenticity testing. Focusing on these four critical sectors our expert scientists are dedicated to working with you to ensure the most accurate and timely results possible.
Our laboratory utilizes the latest technologies in food and nutraceutical analysis including ELISA, PCR, HPLC, and GCMS methodologies. Bia Diagnostic’s team of experienced scientists provide personal customer service, partnering with you to serve as your laboratory.
Bia Diagnostics offers hemp and cannabis testing on a variety of matrices, including cannabis source materials, oils, and infused products. As a food testing company, we are experts in dealing with a variety of different matrices. Using state-of-the-art equipment, we currently test for cannabinoids, terpenes, residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, mycotoxins, and microbials. As this industry evolves, so will the regulations and requirements for safe consumption and we’ll be here to assist you with this every step of the way.
- Cannabinoids: Cannabinoids are the chemical compounds produced by the Cannabis plant and are known to provide relief to a wide range of symptoms including pain, nausea, and inflammation. We test for cannabinoids, including THC and CBD, using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- Residual Solvents: Concentrates including waxes, oils, shatters and salves purified with organic solvents must be tested to ensure that remaining solvents are within safe consumption levels. We test for residual solvents using gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS).
- Terpenes: Terpenes are the largest and most diverse class of chemicals produced by plants. They are the aroma and taste compounds of Cannabis and have unique therapeutic properties. We test for terpenes using GC-MS.
- Pesticides and Mycotoxins: Pesticides and mycotoxins (i.e. fungi) are a concern to consumer safety as these molecules can be highly toxic. We test for these contaminants using high performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS).
- Heavy Metals: Heavy metals are harmful toxic elements that are absorbed by the cannabis plant through uptake from the soil, water, and fertilizer. We can test for heavy metals such as Mercury, Lead, Arsenic, and Cadmium using inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS).
- Microbial Testing: Microbials such as Salmonella and E. coli are a concern to consumer safety and health. We test for these contaminants using real-time polymerase chain reaction (real-time PCR).