Licensing Update: 29 New Licenses Approved, Board Votes to Close Tier 5 Indoor Cultivation
MONTPELIER — The Vermont Cannabis Control Board voted to approve 29 license applications from cannabis establishments today, including 23 cultivators, three manufacturers, one wholesaler, one retail license, and an integrated license.*
The seasonal application window closure for Outdoor and Mixed Use Cultivator licenses begins April 28 and will last until December 1, 2023. This decision only applies to new, not existing, applicants. Existing licensees looking to apply for renewal will not be affected by this decision.
License applications were approved for the following establishments on Monday, April 24, 2023:
- TMM Dispensary – Retailer (Springfield)
- Big Budz LLC – Tier 1 Manufacturer
- Green River Cannabis Company Edibles – Tier 2 Manufacturer
- Valley Organics LLC – Tier 2 Manufacturer
- Lavishly Sweet – Wholesaler
- FWR, Inc. (DBA: Grassroots Vermont) – Integrated Licensee
- Pine Rock LLC – Tier 1 Indoor Cultivator
- Bel Solas Farm LLC – Tier 1 Indoor Cultivator
- Shamus Farms LLC – Tier 1 Indoor Cultivator
- Hornbeam Hill Farm LLC – Tier 1 Indoor Cultivator
- Tao Labs Ltd. Co. – Tier 2 Indoor Cultivator
- Sweet Green Supply – Tier 1 Mixed Cultivator
- Grandma’am’s Hill Farm LLC – Tier 1 Mixed Cultivator
- The Farm at Bolton Dome LLC – Tier 1 Mixed Cultivator
- LGH LLC – Tier 1 Mixed Cultivator
- Cold Hollow Cannabis LLC – Tier 1 Mixed Cultivator
- Cloud Watch LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Return to Our Roots Farm – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Sungrows LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Cabbage Collective LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Starksboro Satuva & Seed Company LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Pine Blue LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Prospect Farm – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Sweet Leaf Farm – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Green Flash LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Coach Grown Farms LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Green Acres Vermont Cannabis – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- 420 Craft Cannabis LLC – Tier 1 Outdoor Cultivator
- Bud Butter – Tier 2 Outdoor Cultivator
New Board Decisions
The application window for Tier 5 Indoor Cultivation licenses is set to close. The Board voted today to close this application type for the foreseeable future.
As of today, April 24, 2023, the manufacture, marketing, transfer and sale of psychoactive hemp-derived products and synthetic cannabinoids are effectively banned in the state of Vermont. This prohibition includes delta-8 and delta-10 THC and does not include non-psychoactive hemp-derived products such as CBD, CBG, CBN and CBC.
See the official Emergency Rues below:
Licensing Data & Excise Tax Revenue
In Vermont, there are 399 licensed cannabis establishments as of April 19, 2023. Between October 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023 the state has garnered just shy of $3.5 million in Excise Tax with a projection of $4.7 million for fiscal year 2023.
Licensed Approved (4/24/23)
Other Meeting Notes:
- The Board will suggest to licensees that they start the renewal process 120 days prior to when renewal is due.
- The Board holds monthly networking events and Q&A sessions. Check them out HERE.
* The new integrated licensee is not required to pay into the Cannabis Business Development Fund as per statute.
Thanks for reading!
Heady Vermont is made possible with support from readers.
If you find our news and industry info valuable, please consider
a yearly membership – and get premium access to content, events,
priority industry alerts and exclusive partner offers.