News Roll Up: VT Gov Vetoes Drug Possession, Expungement Bills
“I feel like parliamentary procedure doesn’t give you an opportunity to celebrate small moments of joy, and [issuing the first license] is kind of a small moment of joy.”
— Brynn Hare, Executive Director, Vermont Cannabis Control Board
In a hurry? Look for the star ⭐ on our top news items
Welcome To The Weekly Roll Up
A Compendium of The Week’s Cannabis News
#Vermont Licensing and Opt-In:
Other #Vermont headlines:
- The Valley Reporter: Plans for Retail Cannabis Shop in Waitsfield Fail to Materialize
- Vermont Standard: Cannabis Retail Storefront to Open in Woodstock This Fall
- Manchester Select Board approves cannabis zoning changes
- Ferrisburgh eyes zoning for cannabis ventures
⭐ UNLOCK SAVINGS, EXCLUSIVE ACCESS AND MORE ⭐
Become a Heady Vermont member today.
Scott also vetoed a separate bill that would have made expungements ever so slightly easier to get for people who’ve already served their sentences.
— Dave Silberman (@DaveSilberman) May 20, 2022
- Maine Reimburses Cannabis Municipalities
- Federal Judge in Maine Denies Patient Access to Medical Cannabis While Out on Bail
The Mass. House voted overwhelmingly this week in favor of major reforms to the state’s cannabis laws. Among the changes – allowing cities and towns to opt in to hosting cannabis cafés.
- Mass. House approves sweeping marijuana reforms
- Sacha Baron Cohen Drops Lawsuit Against Somerset Dispensary
- Interim Chair Appointed to MA Cannabis Control Commission
- ‘Legacy’ Pot Dealers in New York Want to Go Legal. Can They?
- Want one of NY’s first marijuana retail licenses? Regulators say to start preparing now.
- New York Cannabis Control Board Approves More Cultivator Licenses
UNLOCK SAVINGS, EXCLUSIVE ACCESS AND MORE
Become a Heady Vermont member today.
- State Cannabis Regulators Say Banking Fix Will Make Their Jobs Easier In Addition To Helping Businesses
CBD & Hemp
Cultivation & Production
Consumption & Culture
- Cannabis Content on TikTok: New Study Analyses
- The Emerald Cup Rocks Hollywood with Unforgettable Genetics and Guests
- David Letterman Recalls Being Mesmerized By Pitcher’s Mound While High At a Yankees’ Game
May have 2 buy Twitter now.
— Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) May 13, 2022
Legalization & Politics
- Activists in Missouri and North Dakota Provided Officials with the Requisite Number of Petition Signatures to Get Legalization on November Ballot
- Cannabis Legalization Bill Goes to Rhode Island’s House and Senate Floors
- Poll: Pot Legalization More Popular In Texas Than Governor, Biden And Other Officials
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Canopy Growth Plans to Acquire Jetty Extracts
- M&A Lawsuit Settled with $88M Deal
- Cresco Labs Announces Expiration of HSR Act Waiting Period For Proposed Acquisition of Columbia Care
- Updated Criteria in Illinois’ Next Round of License Applications Lowers Percentage of Ownership by Social Equity Applicants
Studies and Surveys
- Nonexhaustive List of Black Women-Owned Cannabis Business You Should Check Out
- Some of the Women Behind New Mexico’s Cannabis Industry
- Over 250 Exhibitors from 40 Countries Gather This Weekend in Bern For CannaTrade 2022
- Edmonton-based Aurora Cannabis Shuts Down Flagship Facility
- Increase in Cannabis Pollen Linked to Illicit Growth in Spain
- First Psychedelic Drug Trial Firm Opens in London
- Zimbabwe President Commissions $27M Medical Cannabis Plant
- Israel and Cannabis: How Does This Ancient Plant Play a Role in Judaism?
Thanks for reading! 🙏🏽
Heady Vermont is made possible with support from readers.
If you find our news and industry info valuable, please consider
a yearly membership – and get premium access to content, events,
priority industry alerts and exclusive partner offers.