CeresMED Adult-Use Cannabis Update: May 2022
Editor’s Note: This company update was originally published on the CeresMED website on April 22, 2022. It has been republished here in full, without editing, to keep the general public informed.
As the old adage goes…April showers, bring May flowers. It’s an exciting time here in the state of Vermont as we’re on the precipice of adult-use cannabis sales. Many of you may be seeing numerous articles starting that medical dispensaries can begin selling adult-use cannabis on May 1, 2022.
While this is permitted by state regulations, CeresMED will not be ready to serve adult-use cannabis consumers on May 1st. While the official date on which we will begin adult-use sales is still up in the air, we expect it to be near October 1, 2022.
In the spirit of transparency, we want to provide an update on important information and milestones below:
- We are working on our integrated adult-use license application for submission to Vermont’s Cannabis Control Board by May 1, 2022.
- We are awaiting guidance on adult-use license applications and hope to receive at least one integrated license.
- Should we obtain an integrated license and local approval, our plan is to open an adult-use storefront in October, 2022.
Important Information on Adult-Use Cannabis in Vermont
Aligned with our corporate values, the Vermont CCB is committed to being conscious of the triple bottom line when it comes to cannabis regulation.
- All packaging for cannabis products are likely to prohibited from using single-use plastic packaging. While this is a great step-forward for our industry and mother earth, this will require an extensive rework to our current packaging solutions, an initiative we have already begun in earnest.
What’s Next & The Benefits of the Medical Cannabis Program
We appreciate your continued support and excitement as we near the launch of the adult-use cannabis program. In the meantime, there have been some exciting updates to the medical patient program as we eagerly await adult-use sales.
Benefits of the Medical Cannabis Program:
- Medical products are tax-free and patients have access to a sliding scale fee system.
- Patients can purchase high concentration THC products.
- Patients can purchase 2oz of cannabis per transaction.
- Patients can shop at any medical dispensary in the state.
- Patients no longer need the 3 month healthcare relationship prior to receiving a signed verification form.
We want to thank all Vermont patients and prospective adult-use customers for their excitement and patience during this transitional time. We looking forward to serving both the medicinal and adult-use markets with the quality products and service we have become known for over the last 10 years in Vermont!
CeresMED is a proud subsidiary of
OTHER CeresMED news:
- Top Executives Ousted From CeresMED
- VT News Roundup: CeresMED Plans Expansion
- Two VT Dispensaries Acquired by Canadian Company SLANG in $25 Million Merger