The Roll Up is Back: Senate Candidate Smokes Blunt in Campaign Ad, Wu-Tang Comes to Zenbarn, New MMJ Advocacy Group
“Even when drugs have been reimagined, such as within medicinal cannabis use, some still choose to not engage in its use at all… because of the social stigma embedded in the messaging of substance use. This will not change until our relationship to substance use is fundamentally transformed.”
— Kiah Morris, House Judiciary testimony on H.644
⭐ New Feature in the Roll Up: Look for the star on our top news items ⭐
Welcome To The Weekly Roll Up
A Compendium of The Week’s Cannabis News
⭐What Will Local Control Look Like in Vermont?
⭐Control Board Tackles Accessibility for Small Cultivators, Peer to Peer Networking
⭐ Bored? Looking for something to do? Our events page is stacked!
👉🏼 Vermont Cannabis Solutions Networking Wednesday February 2
👉🏼 CCB Peer-to-Peer Networking Session Thursday February 3 (Topic: Business Plans)
👉🏼 Wu-Tang members help launch cannabis industry at Zenbarn Friday February 4
⭐ NEW: Green Mountain Patients Alliance launches with focus on MMJ advocacy
- VT Lawmakers File Drug Decrim Bill With Hopes Of Promoting Harm Reduction
- New U.S. attorney for District of VT to focus on violent & white-collar crime; cannabis not a top priority
- With cannabis vote expected in Manchester, where’s the best place for retail sales?
- Hartford sends retail cannabis opt-in to Town Meeting ballot
- Chester resident circulates petition for cannabis retail vote for town meeting
It’s time to decriminalize possession of personal amounts of drugs in VT. Prohibition doesn’t work to prevent drug use—it just drives use underground, making it more dangerous.
— Mairead O’Reilly (@parade_mairead) January 21, 2022
Other Vermont news:
- Vermont’s Revenues Surge Because of Federal Pandemic Aid
- Medical professionals say NO to catching COVID to have it done and over with
- Would-be Adams cannabis merchant, a vaccine critic, seeks Senate seat in Vermont
Kudos to the @vermontccb #Cannabis Control Board for taking literally a dozen hours this week to respond to stakeholder comments and adjust their draft industry rules in response — all in open meeting. This is how government is supposed to work. #vtpoli
— Dave Silberman (@DaveSilberman) January 27, 2022
- New laws go into effect for 2022 in CT: Here’s what you need to know
- As legal sales near, CT cannabis ‘gifting’ parties gain momentum
- Court finds Maine marijuana growers can be prosecuted despite congressional limits
- Industry group recommends changes to medical cannabis program in Maine
- To Curb Illegal Buying, Maine May Try Allowing Marijuana Deliveries
- The magazine is ‘Beer & Weed.’ Want to guess what it covers?
- Massachusetts Marijuana Tax Revenue Now Exceeds Alcohol by Millions
- Assessing the business climate of the Massachusetts marijuana industry
- Bay State CCC chair troubled by ‘predatory financing deals’
- Jasiel Correia, headed to prison in New Hampshire, asks judge to stay free until March
- New plan to legalize pot for adults emerges
- Cannabis stores could sprout under bill co-sponsored by Winchester rep
- Supreme Court won’t allow employer to fire worker over use of medical marijuana
- New York Predicts $1.25 Billion in Pot Tax Revenue Over Six Years
- New Medical Cannabis Program goes into effect across the state
- NY releases statewide opt-out data on cannabis sales
⭐ $5 off memberships through TODAY ONLY ⭐
⭐ Gary Chambers Jr. smokes cannabis in new ad for U.S. Senate seat
⭐ Mississippi passes medical marijuana bill, heads to governor
⭐ From bike gangs to SWAT raids: How Lynnette Shaw became “godmother of legal cannabis”
⭐ JD Supra: Cannabis Legislation Wrap Up for 2021 – High Level List of All Congressional Bills
⭐ After One Year As President, Biden’s Marijuana Promises Remain Unfulfilled
- U.S. Governors Tout Cannabis Reform Progress In State Of The State Speeches
- California Governor Considers Cannabis Tax Reform to Prevent Industry Rebellion
- More Red States Are Going Wild For Weed
- Murphy says cannabis industry will fuel N.J.’s economy as he begins 2nd term
- Frustration mounts as New Jersey misses deadline for recreational pot sales
- Bill to limit THC at Illinois dispensaries draws swift backlash: ‘It’s almost impossible’
👉 Get The Roll Up, the most important cannabis
news of the week – directly to your inbox. Sign up now.
Acquisitions & Mergers
- Marijuana MSO Curaleaf completes $211 million Bloom Acquisition in AZ
- GB Sciences exits cannabis cultivation with $8 million sale of Las Vegas site
- MJBiz acquired by Emerald X for $120 million-plus
⭐Marijuana Banking Is Moving Forward Despite Federal Uncertainty
⭐ Akerna Releases 2021 Cannabis Report Highlighting Growth In Industry
- How cannabis brands can cultivate engaged consumers
- What Weed Tourism Looks Like In 2022 And Beyond
- How to Terminate a Cannabis Contract
CBD & Hemp
⭐ How is the global supply-chain crunch playing out in hemp?
- Cannabis producers cautioned against profiteering from COVID-19 research
- Massachusetts Producers Look Forward to More Sales Avenues in Hemp
- Will Industrial Hemp Unlock the Answers to Restoring Soil?
- The future of regenerative farming looks to hemp
⭐ Ask a Stoner: I Still Can’t Smell After COVID. How Do I Judge Weed?
- COVID-19 Vaccines Don’t Affect Men’s Fertility, But This Might
- Cannabis compound CBD stops coronavirus in test tube, but can it treat COVID?
- Can cannabis protect people from COVID? Buzzy studies can’t say.
- 5 Lighting Trends to Watch
- Tips for reducing and eliminating plastic use in cannabis cultivation
- Hydroponic Weed: Pros, Cons, Methods And More
- How To Increase Terpene Levels In Cannabis Plants
Consumption & Culture
- The Perfect CBD To THC Ratio? This Is What A New Study Suggests
- Emerald Mag: Better Blending: Five Herbs to add to Your Next Smoke Session
- The New Ethical Purchasing Standard Every Marijuana User Should Try In 2022
Food & Beverage
Health and Wellness
⭐ Weed’s Last Taboo: Pregnancy
Hypocrisy, Prevarication, and Outright Lies
- Couple accused of $9.8M illegal cannabis operation
- LA Times: Armored car marijuana cash seizure called illegal
⭐ Lots of states could legalize cannabis & psychedelics in 2022
⭐Outlook dim for US marijuana legalization in 2022, but banking reform alive
- Flaws in Federal Cannabis Bills Threaten the Legal Market
- Mississippi House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill With Amendments
- Big Weed is on the brink of scoring big political wins. So where are they?
- Amazon Endorses GOP-Led Bill To Federally Legalize Cannabis
- Great Moments in Weed History: A Blunt Approach to Politics + Cannabis Kills COVID?
⭐ Forget Shrooms, Is Toad Venom the New Hallucinogenic Drug for the Rich and Famous?
- Vice: The Future of Psychedelic Medicine Will Be Drugs You’ve Never Heard Of
- Seattle and Detroit Move Toward Decriminalizing Psychedelics
- Inside the Growing Wellness Trend of Psilocybin Mushroom Microdosing
- Leafly: How set and setting affect cannabis and psychedelic experiences
⭐ Legalization Nation: Protecting social equity programs
- Colorado’s cannabis industry makes modest gains in minority ownership
- Is Cannabis Equity in Florida a Pipe Dream?
Studies and Surveys
⭐It’s Now Possible to Quantify a Cannabis “High”
⭐How the Cannabis Industry Can Solve the Schedule-1 Drug Research Barrier Problem Weed Currently Faces
- Study: MDMA/ecstasy and psilocybin use is associated with lower risk of depression
- Don’t Feed Marijuana Buds To Donkeys, New Study Warns
⭐ Why 2022 Will Be a Defining Year for Female Leadership in Cannabis
- Leah Bailey of Audacious on Courting the Canna-Curious
- Kieryn Wang: Cannabis Marketing For An Inclusive Future
- Imagining a Cannabis Culture That Isn’t Just for Bros
- What it takes to bring other women in the cannabis industry to the table
⭐ Thailand first in Asia to move to decriminalize marijuana
- Building a viable hemp plant industry in Europe
- Cannabis Nuns: Sisters Of The Valley Mexico Open e-Commerce Store In Tijuana
⭐ $5 off memberships through TODAY ONLY ⭐