Recipe: Cannabis Infused Barbeque Sauce
- ½ ounce of cannabis trim or flower of choice
- ¼ cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Pinch of ginger powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn-starch (optional) to thicken sauce if preferred
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Air-tight container for storage
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 3 hours.
Infused Barbeque Sauce Recipe
Add to Crockpot
- Grind cannabis into powder.
- Place cannabis, water, canola oil, onion, and lime juice into crockpot. Lightly mix.
- Turn crockpot on low for 2 hours, occasionally stirring.
- Place remaining ingredients into crockpot.
- Turn heat up allowing a gentle simmer (do not allow full boil!).
- Cook for additional hour, occasionally stirring.
- *Note: This step ensures decarboxylation. Infusion should not surpass 325 degrees.
Season to Taste & Enjoy
- Add desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Enjoy as a baste or condiment!
There you have it! An easy-to-use guide for making Infused Barbeque Sauce. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Between 2-4 tablespoons should create a nice buzz depending on potency and tolerance levels.