Event Highlights: Womxn in VT’s Food System, NECANN Vermont, Women in Plant Medicine Summit
NECANN Boston and Illinois Rescheduled
The NECANN Boston and Illinois Conventions have been rescheduled. SAVE THE DATES for the following:
- New England Cannabis Convention (Boston): March 24-26, 2021
- Illinois Cannabis Convention: TBA, 2021
- Springfield Cannabis Convention: June 19-20, 2021
- NECANN Vermont: May 29-30, 2020
Join us in beautiful Burlington, Vermont May 29-30 for the state’s greatest cannabis convention – a full weekend featuring 120+ exhibitors, educational seminars, and programming showcasing medical cannabis, industrial hemp, CBD wellness products, and the very best of the growing New England cannabis industry.
Visit NECANN’s site for more information and details.
Womxn in VT’s Food System: Grassroots Organizing as a Form of Local Resiliency
September 24 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
A Force To Be Reckoned With: Womxn in VT’s Food System is a virtual six-part webinar series highlighting the intersectional experiences of Womxn and Femmes in all facets of the Vermont food system, from seed to hands. Part 3 takes place on Thursday, with the topic of Grassroots Organizing as a Form of Local Resiliency. Panelists include:
- Carolina Lukac, Garden Education Manager at Vermont Community Garden Network
- Cat Duffy Buxton, Co-founder of Vermont Healthy Soils Coalition
- Sara Jean Whelan, Board Chair of Slow Food Vermont
- Liv Peña, Founder of Vermont Releaf Collective
- Emma Schoenberg, Food Not Bombs
- Alisha Laramee, New Farms for New Americans Program Specialist, AALV, Inc.
Next Womxn Webinar:
Register for Part 3 Womxn on Thursday now.
Women in Plant Medicine Summit
Wednesday, September 30 @ 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
The Women in Plant Medicine Virtual Summit is a gathering of women working in cannabis, hemp, CBD and psychedelic studies. Featuring keynote speakers Stormy Simon and Scheril Murray Powell, the summit is for executives, business owners, professionals, and those new to or seeking a career in plant medicine.
There will be five tracks to choose from: Executive, Business, Science and Research, Policy & Activism, Self-Care and COVID, with talks that range in subject from beginner to advanced.
Learn more about the event and register to attend.
UVM Extension Industrial Hemp Training Program
Tuesdays from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Created for agricultural and technical service providers by the University of Vermont Extension Northwest Crops and Soils Program, these new, comprehensive online webinar trainings will kick off November 3 and run continuously except for holiday weeks all the way up to February 16, 2021. Participants will have the opportunity to attend the 2021 and 2022 UVM industrial hemp conferences at no cost to them.
- General Hemp Agronomics
- Integrated Pest Management
- All Things Organic
- Hemp & Seedling Propagation
- Modern Hemp Policy
- And More!
Visit the event page to learn more about the program and register for courses now.
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Panels & Workshops
- Growers & Buyers Meetup
- Virtual Attendee Gift Bag
- Exhibitor Signups Open Next Month
Visit hempfest.headyvermont.com to learn more.