Friday Roll Up: DEA April Fool’s + Women In Cannabis Summit Next Week + VT C-19 Efforts & Resources
“There are 450,000 people currently incarcerated for a drug related charge, and even if you released them all it would not be enough to flatten the curve in the criminal legal system.”
– Kassandra Frederique, Managing Director of Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns at the Drug Policy Alliance
Welcome To The Weekly Roll Up – A Compendium of The Week’s Cannabis News
Mental Health Monday Weekly Video – Tune in on FB every Monday at noon!
April Fool’s: US DEA Advocates For Nationwide Cannabis Legalization
MMJ dispensaries stay open, but some limit hours
Condos announces election law changes to address pandemic
UVM survey on the impact of coronavirus on food insecurity
Governor Scott issues order on travel and lodging restrictions
Vape shops go curbside
Judge issues order to protect Chittenden County residents from evictions
Vermont orders incoming travelers to self-quarantine for 14 days
Southwestern Vermont Health Care Foundation launches COVID relief fund
Website created to help hospitality and personal service industry
Data hints Vermont’s COVID-19 response working
Gov announces new medical surge locations in Essex Jct and Rutland
COVID-19 resources for your business and tax questions
- The Numbers on State’s Newest Crop: Hemp
- State Moves To Ensure Medical Pot, Craft Beer Flows During Covoid Crisis
- Regs restricting public access to their offices amid the coronavirus outbreak
- Regulators may accept expired driver’s licenses or ID cards amid outbreak
- Newton dispensary produces hand sanitizer for health workers
- Gov. Refuses to Reopen Adult-Use Dispensaries
- 2 NETA employees test positive for virus, workers question protocol
- Getting an MMJ card is easier than you think
- Regulators will consider “potential relief” for cannabiz
- Ordered to close, Canna-preneurs staring down insolvency
- Mass. canna-regulator joins fight to allow rec stores to reopen
- Cannabiz beginning to furlough employees after not deemed essential
- Rep: move to close rec stores during outbreak hurts military veterans
- Patients can pick up MMJ curbside. How many dispensaries offering it?
- What’s the MMJ Process in 2020?
- Dragonfly Health: MMJ Funny Business
- Cunningham for Congress in NJ 2nd, Wants to Change Cannabis Laws
- MMJ patients face unavailable medication, long lines
- WATCH: Cannabis as a Tool to Drive Positive Social Change
- Trump’s drug war is “effort to distract from delayed response to crisis”
- Rec sales still falling after initial coronavirus-related spike
- How COVID-19 Force Majeure Claims May Wreck or Save Your Business
- Customers Cash In Loyalty Points For Discounts During Pandemic
- Cannabis Companies Answer Call for Help, But Who Will Answer Theirs?
- Cannabis Business in the Wake of COVID-19
- People Still Using Cannabis During Pandemic. How Are They Getting It?
- WATCH: How to Read Your Cannabis Ash
- Are $1 Weed Tablets the Future of Productivity?
- How To Enhance Your Creative Process With Weed
- What is hotboxing with cannabis and does it work?
- Cannabis & Coronavirus: Is It A Good Idea?
- AOC Says Dispensaries Should Stay Open If Liquor Stores Can
- The inspiring response cannabis is having to the pandemic
- How Has the COVID-19 Pandemic Changed Cannabis Use?
- Does Smoking Cannabis Put You at Higher Risk for the Coronavirus?
- The COVID-19 Homeschool Pivot
- People Need Weed, But Stores Can’t Get Federal Funding in a Crisis
- Quick guide to fed aid available to hemp biz impacted by coronavirus
- Tips to conserve your weed during quarantine
- Here’s How Coronavirus Spreads, According to Epidemiologists
- Here’s How to Stop Touching Your Face So Much
- CBD Can’t Cure Or Prevent COVID-19
- States Deem MMJ Essential Industry Amidst COVID-19 Emergency
- Viral Outbreak Spurs Legislative Change for Cannabis Businesses
- How Weed Dealers And Users Are Navigating The Coronavirus
- Majority Of Americans Agree: Pot Shops Are Essential
- Feds Tell Ex-NFL Star to Stop Saying His Weed Can Cure Coronavirus
- COVID19: Cannabis sales in US up 90%, demand by women rises 32%
- Users Indulging More Than Ever Amid Coronavirus
- Company delivering products via drone to reduce contact
- Cannabis had the fewest respondents indicating they are spending less
- Prohibitionist groups: cannabiz should not be considered essential
- First coronavirus fatality in prison was man serving 27yrs for drug offense
- CBD company run by former NFL player receives fed letter, tweets:
- Weed Between the Lines: Cannabis Networking and Creative
- Jessica Billingsley to Participate in Expert Webcast
- Feds Researching How CannaConsumers Are Impacted By Virus
- NORML: DEA’s Proposed Bulk Cultivation Rules Are “Unduly Onerous”
- After 4yr Delay, DEA Will Review Requests to Grow for Research
- FDA ongoing effort to regulate CBD doesn’t shield companies from lawsuits
- Bill would block landlords from evicting people for legal extract manufacturing
- IRS Rejects Recommendation To Provide Cannabiz Tax Guidance
- 11 Senators Push To Let Cannabiz Access Federal Loan Programs
Food & Bev
Growing and Making
Health and Wellness
- EcoGen Labs’ Hemp Seed Buyback Program to Support Farmers
- Hemp Crop Protection for Cultivators & Investors
- Hemp Roundtable, American Shaman preparing hemp for the long haul
- Feds Settle Claims They Seized Legal Hemp Shipments
- Hemp Milk Market To Guide Trends
- A Guide to the Federal Stimulus Package for Hemp Businesses
- Is Hemp A Vital Resource In A Time Of Crisis?
- Dept of Ag approved hemp plans for SC, WV and three Indian tribes
- USDA Approves Hemp Plans For South Carolina And West Virginia
- How cannabis and humans evolved together
- Declaring cannabis ‘essential’ marks a watershed moment in history
Hypocrisy, Prevarication, and Outright Lies
- Coronavirus Delays: Where Do Cannabis Bills Stand Across the US?
- Why States Need To ‘Flick The Legal Switch’ On Cannabis Amid COVID-19
- Coronavirus Delays: Where Do Cannabis Bills Stand Across the US?
- 6 fierce cannabis influencers to follow
- Pot Put Him in Prison. Now It Nets Him $46 Million
- How David Albanese Is Disrupting The Cannabis Industry In America
- Story of cannabis organizer Dan Rush, who pleaded guilty to fed crimes
- Jamie EvGirls, aka the Herb Somm
- NCRMA Launches Chronic Risk Podcast
- Big Cannabis Can Be Good Cannabis, Good Cannabis Can Be Big Biz
- Fyllo’s Jeff Ragovin Talks With Cresco Labs’ Cory Rothschild
Studies and Surveys
- Does Cannabis Use Affect Exercise Levels in Adolescents?
- New research sheds light on potentially negative effects of cannabis
- More Than 90% Of Legal Cannabis Products ‘Too Strong’ For Pain Relief
- Cannabis could be turning adolescents into couch potatoes
- CU Study Links Teen Pot Use to Insomnia Risk
- Study suggests cannabis may impair female fertility
- New study cautions cannabis beginners to 26 adverse reactions
- Cannabis: Patients With Bipolar Should Avoid Use
- U.S. adults consider MMJ essential during pandemic, 44%-41%.
- Products in legal dispensaries “seem unsuitable for medicinal purposes”
- A study: cannabinoids and adolescents w/cancer found benefits
- Study “cannabinoids alleviate cocaine-induced seizures by glycine receptors.”
- Mag looks at efforts by researchers to correlate terpenes w/effects
- Clinical Evidence Lacking in Support of CBD as an Anti-Viral Agent
- Girls Growin Wild #3: Chelsea Brindle
- Essential Advice from Leading Women in Cannabis
- Why More Women Should Be Launching CBD Companies
- Tracey Mason, Co-Founder & CEO House Of Saka Sips Her Cannabis-Infused Wine
- Anchorage voters deciding on consumption at dispensaries
- American Cancer Society is opposing Anchorage ballot measure
- Letter: Why are pot shops open?
- How a County Is Managing Green Rush from Space
- Cannabis Sales Have Dropped Off Dramatically
- COVID-19: Humboldt County’s dispensaries will remain open
- San Francisco cannabis dispensaries adapt
- Gov’s advisor on cannabis: access to regulated and safe cannabis is essential
- Santa Clara County: only MMJ can conduct in-store sales amid the outbreak
- CBD Brands Offer Free Products to Critical and Laid-Off Workers
- Black Dog Grow Technologies To Run Indoor Hemp Research Facility
- State OKs in-store recreational sales
- Adult Use Hopes Are Dead For 2020. But It’s Not the End
- Coronavirus: MMJ access an ‘essential service’ — sort of
- Where is Florida in the fight for legalization?
- Regs extended curbside MMJ sales through April 30 amid outbreak.
- Rep pushing to legalize delivery services amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Gov. issued exec order extending deadlines for licenses to April 30
- Pot sales top $35 million in March
- How cannabis went from illegal to ‘essential’ in three months
- Two of five CBD medical cannabis dispensaries have permanently closed
- 2/5 MMJ dispensaries have closed, and it’s not yet clear why
- Canna-sales bloom during COVID-19 outbreak
- Hash Bash in Ann Arbor will be virtual because of coronavirus
- Chairman who killed legalization bill facing pro-cannabis candidate
- MMJ company donates masks, hand sanitizer to first responders
- Officials allow curbside pickup for dispensaries
- Representative said he plans to file a legalization bill.
- Campaign leader awaiting approval to collect canna-signatures
- Lawmaker to Begin Work on Cannabis Legalization Bill
- Grower sold to controversial Arizona weed giant
- Technical delays keep MMJ caregivers from helping more patients
- Local hemp processor creating hand sanitizer for homeless
- Austin voted to create loan program but cannabiz are not eligible
- Texans ask Gov. to enact a moratorium on possession arrests
- Deemed ‘essential’, rec weed gets looser rules amid outbreak
- Governor Signs Bill To Diversify State’s Cannabis Industry
- Dispensaries And Delivery Services Are Facing Record Demand
- Dispensaries Seeing Record Sales, But Can’t Deliver To Vulnerable Patients
- Regs said that canna-labs are stepping up to help with coronavirus testing.
- Hemp group seeks new low-THC cultivars to try in 2020
- Regs recommended MMJ biz be considered essential during the outbreak
- New Zealanders support legalization referendum, 54%-45%.
- Regulators are moving to allow certain medical cannabis vaporizers