Make Your Own Bong O’Lantern
Feeling spooky and crafty? Want to have a more intimate relationship with your fall produce? Looking for a high that’s also high in potassium, vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants? Hoping the Great Pumpkin definitely puts in an appearance this year? Well then, it’s time to make your very own Bong O’Lantern!
What you’ll need to make your bong:
- Permanent marker or pen
- Small knife
- Downstem (and something to put in it when you’re done…)
- Straw (optional)
- Bottle of water
- Note: make sure to pick a solid pumpkin. The more solid it is, the more hollow it. An older or softer pumpkin will be difficult to smoke out of – and kinda gross, to be honest.
Pumpkin Bong O’Lantern Directions:
- With your permanent marker or pen, mark where you want your mouthpiece and downstem to be on your pumpkin bong o’lantern. They should be on opposite sides of each other, above the center of the pumpkin.
- Take the small knife and start to carve into the spaces where you marked. You want to make a hole that will fit the down stem without breaking it but also without is being too loose. Then carve a large enough hole for you to inhale.
- At this point there are two different ways you can get the water inside of the pumpkin.
- Option 1 – Cut the stem out of the pumpkin and remove it (like a top). Remove the guts inside the pumpkin, fill with water until it reaches the downstem, then place the top pack on.
- Option 2 – After carving your mouth piece on the side of the pumpkin, pour water into that hole. Here you will have to guess when you feel like you have enough water since you can’t see inside the pumpkin.
- Test the water level and function by inhaling (gently) and adjusting accordingly.
- Finally, fill up your mouthpiece with ganja goodness and give it a try!