Weekly Roll Up: April 13, 2018
- The Burlington Free Press breaks down options for amateur cannabis cultivators to learn how to grow at home — including at the Vermont Cannabis and Hemp Convention on May 12-13.
- In case you missed it, Heady welcomes Phylo Bioscience as the Premium Gold Sponsor for our Prohibition Party on July 1st.
- Vermont Hempicurean is seeing the potential for big success and positive feedback since their grand opening.
- Someone didn’t get the memo that it’s not July yet: Hikers of Mount Philo may want to choke up on their dog leashes after several become sickened from traces of THC.
- Check out Heady’s interview with Dr. Dustin Sulak, as he discusses his cannabis expertise and the incredible results he has seen with the use of medical marijuana.
- As if Cynthia Nixon couldn’t get any cooler, she recently made legalizing marijuana a number one priority in her campaign for governor. She hopes her contrasting stance to Governor Cuomo will be a step towards “reducing racial inequalities in the justice system.” Rock on, sister.
- Patriots’ safety Duron Harmon got caught trying to pull a fast one on Costa Rican airport police when they he was flying with more than just vacation souvenirs. Attempting to hide cannabis in an iced tea can is impressive, but perhaps a deflated football would have done the trick?
- In keeping trend with Duron Harmon, recently retired New England Patriot Martellus Bennett claims a personal estimate of 89% of his former teammates smoke the herb.
- Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim is ready for full legalization of marijuana in his state in order to create jobs and revenue. The question is, will the rest of Connecticut be ready?
- It took a whopping 18 months, but Maine lawmakers claim they’re finally ready to begin regulating recreational marijuana.
- It’s a well known fact that mice will eat just about anything. However, eight Argentinian officers were dismissed after claiming mice were the culprits for a missing half-ton of marijuana. If they could prove the mice had munchies, perhaps that would aid their cause?
- Former House speaker John Boehner, who claims innocence in never having once smoked marijuana, has joined an advisory board for cannabis company Acreage Holdings. “Members will see the light,” he says, and we can only hope that his new open-mindedness translates to other issues as well — for instance, his current administration.
- It’s not just pizza in that delivery box — Colorado veterans advocate for a marijuana delivery that would help those living out of purchasing range access to cannabis.
- According to a Bloomberg study, US cannabis sales are on track to hit $75 billion by 2030, matching 2017 soft drink sales, which are already on the decline. More munching, but less burping.